I previously posted about making your own deodorant, and those recipes have worked out great! But, I promised a DIY Deodorant recipe without baking soda. My daughter is reaching an age where she needs deodorant and I am so happy she can use this all-natural, homemade deodorant.
The recipe is simple and yields one small container of deodorant.
What you need:
- Pure Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Arrowroot (optional) 1 tsp get your Arrowroot flour here
- Shea butter (scented is better, but I used unscented)- 1 tablespoon
- Beeswax pellets – 1 1/2 tbsp buy your BEESWAX PELLETS here
- Almond Oil (optional) – 1 tsp
- Vitamin E- use the capsule if possible- 1 tsp
- Essential Oils from Young Living – Lavender (8 drops), Tea Tree (4 drops), Patchouli (very fragrant so only use 2-3 drops), and Purification (4 drops) You can do any variations of oils depending on ailments, dry skin, rash, fungus, etc. Get your oils here by using my links, and you get a 24% discount by becoming a member.
Melt the Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Beeswax on the stove. I just melt it into a measuring cup for easier pouring, over low heat, stirring often. Once melted, add in almond oil and vitamin E and arrowroot. Stir, and remove from heat. Add in the essential oils to your liking, and pour into a deodorant casing (be careful that it does not holes on the sides or it will fall through, OR into a jar, or container.
Since this was for my daughter, I put the mixture in a small container she can dip a popsicle stick into and apply to her underarms. It’s easy to apply and melts when in contact with the skin, so work quickly when applying. If you want to pour into deodorant casing, you can always wait until it thickens, pour in and immediately place on a tray in the freezer for quicker drying and less mess. You can buy empty deodorant cases like the one shown here:
*Disclaimer: These statements are not FDA approved. The statements made here are my own and not attributed to young living. The experiences are real, and my own. I received no compensation for this or other posts on essential oils. I am a distributor of these products because I believe in them.