That’s right, you read me correctly… nowadays and as you get older, birthdays are no longer a birthDAY but rather a celebration for a month, starting on the 1st day of the month and culminating into some real fun on your actual day and then through out the month – but, make sure you time everything out because the amount of birthday deals out there can get plain overwhelming. For me, birthdays (now that I am broaching 40) are not about getting things from the people you love per se or feeling the love from all your facebook, twitter, and social networking buds, it is also about the deals you can score from merchants and retailers all over town. Boo yah!
I am reminded I wrote another article on birthday deals so make sure you check it out and then compare notes with this one. Here are some of the things you simply must do to get these deals but don’t wait til your birthday month to sign up – do it well in advance. And once the deals come in categorize by them expiration date. After all, you do not want to miss a free $7 meal or a free scoop of ice cream, or 80z of yogurt but what would really hurt is missing the $15 gift card at a merchant or $10 off your purchase ANYTHING as well. So, are you ready to party like it’s your birthday? Well, cool – here are some birthday-friendly merchants and I am sure there are more.
Food and Drink
These days, its expensive to eat out so when a merchant throws coupons and freebies your way, you are not going to pass them up right? I have mentioned some of these before in my article written last year but here they are again. Sign up for their birthday club and you will get an email or a coupon in the mail for free stuff:
(1) Rubio’s– I think they have the best deal – free meal up to $7 for the birthday gal but you generally only get 2 weeks to use it so rush in and use it. Rubio’s has some amazing meals and fresh and healthy too!
(2) Smart Cow Yogurt Bar– This one is not a chain and not franchised yet. They are local to Westminster, CO but a free 8oz yogurt coupon is so sweet! And if you only get 30z, fret not, put your kid’s and your hubby’s yogurt on the scale and they will discount you the entire 80z! Sign up at Smart Cow.
(3) Baskin-Robbins – you simply should sign your kiddos up for this and yourself too! The birthday club at BR offers a free scoop to the birthday star and it can be used in the month of your birthday.
(4) Starbucks- just sign up on-line and register your card. The reward comes in the mail though in your birthday month and I always a order a VENTI with extra shots- yum! $4.75 never tasted so good as a Venti Salted Caramel Mocha NON FAT of course 🙂
(5) Dunkin Donuts– you have to sign up on-line for their Club and register a DD PERKS Card and boom! Your free coffee will arrive in the mail in your month. I think it expires at the end of the month but many DDs will take it afterwards too because there are so few of them.
(6) Red Robin– this place is tradition for us- we go here every birthday every year and the kiddos adore the balloons and the singing. So how could we not make this a family affair. So, get the Red Royalty Reward Card- not only do rewards add up but you get a free birthday burger. Register your entire family on it so the burger loads on there automatically. This can be a $10 value and soooo yummylicious even for us vegetarians who get the veggie patty.
(7) Panera– Get their Panera loyalty card- it’s free and register it and then for your birthday they load a special treat on it. You never know what it is til you log on and check so check before you go and enjoy a free bagel, a free pastry, or free breakfast item– again, it varies but I can guarantee it will be yummy!
(8) Buffalo Wild Wings- does a great deal for your birthday for free dessert…. yum!
(9) Melting Pot– Melting Pot used to be better in year’s past when I got a free chocolate fondue worth almost $16.00 and nowadays they are a little cheaper but they give you free chocolate-covered strawberries for dining there during your birthday month. I love fondue so this is a good deal but the free fondue was so much better.
(10) Egg & I- My friend in the comment below indicated a free meal at the EGG & I for your birthday- sign up for them too – I investigated this a bit and you can do at their locations.
(11) Sweet Tomatoes– we love this place and you can sign up on-line for their birthday club. They will send you great coupons too!
(12) AMC Theaters- my least favorite theater also just sent me an email on my actual birthday for a free large soda when I drop $50 to see one of their movies. I guess it’s because I had a movie watcher card. So you too can have a giant soda at AMC for your birthday for free. It’s good for the whole month. Of course, unbeknownst to AMC, I have given up soda for lent so I will not be using my coupon but will pass it on to someone in the office I know will.
Stores & Retailers
(1) Macy’s– If you are a red card member at Macy’s and update your profile online and make sure to include your birthday, you will get a $10 coupon in the mail or online (via email) to use if you use your Macy’s Card
(2) Kohl’s – if you have a Kohl’s card, you will get a $10 off any purchase (and you can use this with your discounts coupons too) – what a great deal!
(3) Ann Taylor– if you have the Ann Taylor MasterCard or regular card you get $15— yup! $15 off your purchase and you can use this at the outlets too – wow! Momma is going shopping.
(4) Blue Jeans Bar- this is local to Cherry Creek in the Denver metro area but you can use it online and if you know Blue Jeans Bar, wow! you get $35 off your jeans and Blue Jeans Bar has an amazing customer service policy and if there are problems you can head into the store and they fix it for you. These are amazing jeans and while expensive, so worth it and $35 is amazing but it is NOT usable on sale items (boo! hoo!)
(5) Anthropologie-I do not get this deal because I do not shop there but my sister in law does- make sure you sign up to get this deal at the store. I hear it is $10 off.
(6) Eddie Bauer– I do not have an Eddie Bauer but hubby shops here a lot and we have an outlet very close to us and they send a birthday reward too of $10 off your purchase so we generally go use that for his birthday as well.
(7) Victoria’s Secret– get the Angel Card and every year for your birthday you will get $10 off your purchase made with said card. It’s a good deal if you need stuff. I go in and just get $10 worth of sale underwear and it is so worth it!
(8) Aveda– Aveda used to be better about this and sent cards in the mails but now they send you an email with a free product on your birthday – it is generally travel size but this year I did not get it – check your junk filters just in case.
(9) Gap– If you have a GAP Card, they also send you a $10 reward to use in the stores. There are no restrictions but there is an expiration date so check yours.
(10) DSW– again, you need to be a DSW Card member and you give them your birthday when you sign up for it. You will get a $10 off reward card to use in your birth month and you can take $10 off anything include clearance items. I got my tennis shoes for free on my husband’s reward on year. It’s a great deal.
Lots of other merchants give deals if you sign up for their club, e-mail list, or subscribe to their newsletters and rewards cards. It is a good idea to inquire at the store you frequent and especially if you really love their products, never hurts to get on an e-mail or mail list to get some great rewards! Happy Birthday and enjoy your …. MONTH!
Am I missing some great birthday deal? Please add to the list with your comments here and help our readers out- where should we all be signing up. Your input is valued.