Last year’s review paints 2013 as a great year, both personally and professionally. This year has been both busy and ended with a lot of random illness sweeping through the house, and apparently our extended family’s homes. Hopefully, 2015 sees the end of the bad juju of illness sweeping through all our homes. We didn’t travel as much as last year, but we did our share of trips and had a great time. I took a life-changing journey of taking a 100-day course, and it has been eye-opening. I did a lot of promotions and even a big tech switch.
Here are my top posts for 2014, not necessarily because of traffic to the site, but because I enjoyed writing them and sharing with you:
10. A Review of Samsung Galaxy s5 Active with Gear Fit – In the area of technology and some changes, I went from an iphone 4S to a Samsung. What a fun and different journey. The iphone is great for some things, and the android is better in some areas. They are both great, but I enjoyed writing this review, and I have enjoyed my free Samsung Galaxy s5 active and Gear Fit that I won at a AT&T blogger event. What fun it’s been. I passed down the 4S to hubby and he loves having a modern data phone, and shhhh, I still use my old iphone for some tricks I still can’t figure out how to do properly on my droid.
9. Things I am still learning – You@TheCenter (R) $100 offer- I did a lot of fun promotions, attended some great blog events, but this was by far the most life-changing, beneficial perk I received as a blogger. I took a course which has been life-altering, and as the New Year begins, one which I can take to greater heights through the amazing things I have learned and put into practice. Here’s to 2015, and possibly better focus on things that matter: Me, and the things which are top priority for us.
8. Magical fun showing our #DisneySide @Home Celebration - Another cool and exciting opportunity as a blogger centered on doing something fun with my kids, and yet another punch card list, action item met from the 100-day course. We had a great time showing our #DisneySide and hosting a fun party, and it was also right around my birthday and my younger daughter’s birthday. Can’t beat that!
7. City Girls Visit a Farm - Right in line with spending quality time with the kiddos, I had the rare opportunity to attend a fun and educational field trip with my daughter’s Kindergarten class. Not only was the cuteness factor completely exceeded, we brought home bags and bags of organic fruits and vegetables to share with friends, and cook up into great, healthy meals. What a fun time, and I know memories we will cherish for a long time to come!
6. From Philly to Washington, D.C. – Independence Day in our Nation’s Capitol – Our trips were fun too and always eventful. Our trip in summer took us to the east coast for a wedding, and seeing family and friends from all over the world. Visiting our nation’s capitol meant a lot to the girls, and the birthplace of Independence. And, it was Independence weekend to boot! How can you not love that. From the Pandas at the National Zoo, to the liberty bell, and everything in between, we had a great time, and saw fireworks from a rooftop condo where we stayed.
5. Florida- ahh - We also made two trips to Florida, one late in 2013 into New Year 2014, and then another one to shower my sister-in-law to welcome a baby in hot July and August of 2014. Florida is far away, but it is full of family, and friends for us, and so many exciting things to do. How can we not love Florida – ahhhh! And if we time it just right, we can avoid those nasty Colorado winter sub-zero, arctic temps.
4. Frozen at Hollywood Studios- “All good things” on a 110-degree day – The second time we went to Florida, we were all dripping and soaking wet from the sweat and heat – it was summer in Florida, but we were there for a good cause, and so we did what most tourists do, visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios and cooled off with the gang from FROZEN. It felt great on a hot, humid, 100-degree PLUS day in Central Florida. And we met the whole cast, and then some, and we sucked it up, ate a lot of ice cream and snow cones, sprayed water bottles on each other (with fans built-in) and made it all work.
3. Milestones and Memories- Her First Sleepover- Then begin the memories and milestones posts. What an eventful year for our children, and so many firsts. My eldest daughter went on her first sleepover. May not seem like a big deal, but it so is! Not just for her, but for all of us. They just grow up so fast, so happy we have this blog, and so many other captured memories to help us remember how I felt, what we saw, and what we captured and remembered.
2. Perfect Moment Monday – Where does the time go? My friend Lori hosted her last Perfect Moment Monday, and this was the final installment on Get Clued In! Not only that, but it captured the weekend in February perfectly. We had family in town, and celebrated by daughter’s milestone 5th birthday, and then enjoyed a date night – how exciting! Noticing is important, and capturing these moments is even more important. Time just flies!
1. Milestones & Memories — They are both in School! Finally, our favorite milestone moment from 2014 – they both are in school! Our youngest started Kindergarten, and now we have one drop, one pick up, and in August, a lot of anxiety from all especially mommy. How can she be in Kinderrgarten already? Letting go is hard, but they teach us, one small step at a time. Our eldest is in 2nd and youngest in K, and now we struggle with camps during their breaks, and what to do during those random in-service days. It is hard indeed, but with any milestone, we will overcome yet again and focus on the positives and blessings in our lives.
Here is to 2015 and many, many more amazing milestones and memories, and wishing you and your loved ones a Happy 2015 filled with goodness, happiness, love, success, and most of all – HEALTH! Thanks, as always, for taking this amazing journey with me, with us.